Diamond Cab Company is a Florida based Corporation operating since 1998. We operate in the tri-county area of Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. We are one of only five City-licensed taxi companies permitted by the City of Orlando to provide taxicab services in the City and at the Orlando International Airport. Diamond Cab Company is also one of four permitted companies authorized to service the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center. We currently provide on-demand taxi service at one of the local theme parks since December 2000. We also own and operate Diamond Limo, Diamond Transportation, Diamond Transportation Systems and Diamond City Cab.
Our fleet consists of 84 clean, late model vehicles that are well maintained at our facility. We maintain liability insurance that exceeds the requirements of the City of Orlando. In addition to taxicab services, we also provide Luxury Sedan, Limousine, and SUV services for guest visiting for business or leisure and for the local residents on a reservation basis. Our reservations and dispatch offices operate twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. We take pride in being there when you need us and exceeding your expectation.
Diamond Cab Company is a certified Minority Business Enterprise by the City of Orlando and Orange County. Because of our high level of quality service and our attention to detail, we are an outstanding example of a Minority Business Enterprise.
As the population of Orlando continues to increase and we are still a popular tourist destination, Diamond Cab Company will continue to be a leading provider of transportation services.
Customer Service Mission
- To provide safe, reliable transportation service in vehicles that are clean, in good mechanical working order and professionally driven for the comfort and convenience of the customer.
Customer Service Goals
- Quality Service
- The fare shall be correct
- The vehicle shall be clean inside and out
- The response to a call for service shall be prompt and polite
- The driver shall be polite, helpful and speak English
Safe Service – Vehicle for Hire Regulations
- The vehicle shall have passed safety inspections
- The vehicle shall be properly licensed and insured
- The driver shall drive in a safe manner taking the best route
- The driver shall attend orientation/training and be properly licensed
- The company operates a 24-hour central dispatch system
- The company provides on-going education to its managers
- The company offers a proactive consumer dispute resolution program
- The company adheres to a regularly scheduled preventive maintenance program
In February 2013, Diamond Cab introduced the first hybrid vehicles to our taxi fleet. Currently we have 8 hybrid taxis, plus 4 fuel efficient vehicles, all of which feature stylish good looks and extended service intervals that help to reduce their impact on the environment.
Our Toyota Camry hybrid taxicab represents the second generation in the model’s lineage, and like its predecessor, swaps out the conventional engine for a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain. Under the hood is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 156 horsepower and 156 pound-feet of torque. Paired with it is an electric motor that provides some low-speed propulsion and also acts as a starter when the gas engine shuts off at stops. Combined power output comes to 200 hp and is routed to the front wheels through a specialized continuously variable transmission (CVT). The EPA estimates fuel economy at an excellent 43 mpg city/39 mpg highway and 41 mpg combined.
With customer and driver safety as our top priority, the Camry hybrid includes a number of important safety features. In government crash testing, it received a top 5-star score for overall crash protection, four stars for overall frontal protection and five stars for overall side protection. Our corporate goal is operate 100% hybrid type vehicles within 24 months.